Since its establishment on September 22, 2015 (formally accredited by Securities and Exchange Commission of the Republic of the Philippines on April 01, 2016), the Philippine International Studies Organization (PHISO) has achieved the following milestones:
- Established a dedicated core group: the Trustees and members of the Steering Committee.
- Collaborated with Routledge to establish the “International Relations in Southeast Asia” series.
- Gained membership from international scholarly bodies such as ISA, WISC, IPSA, and GSCIS. See details here.
- Being advised by prominent scholars: list of foreign and Filipino scholars.
- Gaining members and expanding the scope of its membership in the country and beyond. Not only within International Relations/Studies community but also throughout Humanities, Social & Physical Sciences, and other forms of knowledge (like faith/spirituality and religion) that concentrate in the study of the “International” and “Globality.” We particularly welcome individuals whose research works relate to decoloniality and Philippine/SEA-based knowledge production.
- Created and solely designed the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies program at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
- Organized international conferences and brought prominent scholars to the Philippines. See details here.
- Previous and ongoing collaborations with International Studies programs and other related programs of Miriam College (with MOU), Ateneo de Davao University (with partnership agreement for 2017 conference), University of the Philippines Diliman, Far Eastern University, Philippine Women’s University (with MOU), Polytechnic University of the Philippines, and University of San Carlos.
- Organized academic panels, forums, and workshops here and abroad. See list of events here.
- Partnered with the College of William and Mary to assist the 2016-2018 TRIP Faculty Survey of the Philippines. See details here.
- Fostered linkages with international institutions, such as the Asian Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs based in Nepal and the Universiti Utara Malaysia.