|Join the WYMD Leadership Board
The World Youth Movement for Democracy (WYMD) is a network that aims to support the development of sustainable democracy movements by empowering the next generation of democracy activists. WYMD provides a space for young activists to build relationships with each other, to collaborate across borders, to deepen their knowledge on key issues, and to develop practical skills. We will be holding our biannual elections for the Leadership Board. We are looking for 2 members (one male, one female) from each region (Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia; Europe & Eurasia; Latin America & the Caribbean; and Middle East & North Africa). If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic leader, we urge you to submit your application and participate in the election.
Leadership Board Roles
- Carry out activities to achieve strategic objectives
- Facilitate local and regional activities for World Youth Day for Democracy
- Contribute to WYMD Blog Post
- Participate in Leadership Board meetings
- Build regional allies for WYMD collaboration
- Increase visibility of WYMD Network
- Social media and offline outreach
All candidates must be 30 years or younger in 2016, and be registered members of the WYMD website. Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in human rights activism, and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide. Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
All candidates must meet the eligibility criteria and submit the application to email@example.com by February 15, 2016. Application must include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One Photo (for Public Profile)
- Two Letters of Support
Once candidates are confirmed, they may begin campaigning on the WYMD website and social media platforms. Voting will take place online, on the WYMD website, from March 5 to March 9, 2016. The new Leadership Board will be announced on March 10, 2016.
- January 15 – Application Open
- February 15 – Application Deadline
- February 20 – Announcement of Candidates/Campaigning Begins
- March 5 – Voting Begins
- March 9 – Voting Ends
- March 10 – Announcement of New Leadership Board
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or our Twitter at @wymd using the hashtag #WYMDelects2016.