University of Cambridge – Department of Politics and International Studies
|Salary:||£28,982 to £37,768|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th March 2016|
|Closes:||15th April 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Applications are invited for a Teaching Associate in International Relations in the Department of Politics and International Studies. The post is available from 01 October 2016 – 29 June 2018.
The roleholder should have a proven specialist academic interest in the subject and be qualified to PhD level in a related subject area. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in international organisation, international cooperation and global governance.
The successful candidates will be expected to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
– To plan and deliver seminars and classes in the Department. The successful candidate will be expected to teach on the mandatory International Relations paper in Part IIA of the HSPS Tripos. This will include at least 8 hours of supervision weekly.
– To demonstrate the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to explain concepts and complex information to non-experts, develop and encourage the commitment to learn in others and to present material to a range of audiences.
– To provide academic guidance and advice to undergraduate students and graduate students.
– To take part in Tripos examining, including the setting and marking of papers, and the marking of undergraduate dissertations.
– Other duties as required by the Head of the Department commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
The roleholder should have some experience of successfully developing and delivering teaching at university level, including smaller group work. The role holder is expected to maintain and develop his/her knowledge in the subject area by reading other academic material.
The successful candidate may also be asked by colleges to undertake supervision of students, and to participate in the interviewing of applicants.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 29 June 2018 in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit:
http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/9773. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the ‘Apply online’ button and register an account with the University’s Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Interviews will be held on Friday 13th May. For informal enquiries, please contact Suzy Adcock, Administrative Officer, email@example.com
Please quote reference UE08598 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.